Zimpool is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified during registration or subsequently when using this platform, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Job title
- contact information including email address, phone & mobile number.
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information zimpool classifies relevant to enable you get the service.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send emails about information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the platform according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve the platform in order to tailor it to our user’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest as Zimpool is a 100% free to use platform and we rely on advertising as one of the sources of keeping this platform running.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Data protection rights under the GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) gives the user of the platform the possibility to have control over the information Zimpool has on its users, how we gather information on its users, what we do with the information, and how the users of the platform can restrict access to such data. Below are the rights that users of the platform has over the data we gather on them:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal Information, you can do so at any time by simply logging into your account and take such action or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information by deleting your account.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.